Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Why I Love My Mac :: Personal Narrative Writing

Why I Love My mackI turn out always loved calculating machines. In school they fascinated me and were fun to pushover with. When I grew up and became a secretary, I delighted in recreating crisscross memorials and forms on my computer using WordPerfect for DOS. My daily success was measu exit by how piddling I used my typewriter. The only thing I didnt worry was how ugly the programs were on the screen. The back downgrounds were always black or imperial blue, with (full-bodied shudder) red or green type. Some programs allowed a modicum of visual customization, but the hazard of damaging your eyesight was prevalent (imagine red type on a royal blue background). Still, computers were way more fun than typewriters. No more using calculators either Each time I had to do a calculation repetitively, I created a spreadsheet that would do it for me. Although I was Suzy top-notch Computer-Using Secretary, I had no clue how the computer actually functioned, nor did I care.When I s aw my first Macintosh, my eyes were wide as saucers. It was colorful It had little pictures on the desktop No more black or royal blue screen and funky colored type (Although with some tweaking in the customization settings you could attain that horrid look.) I dont know how but that little Mac exuded a feeling of friendliness and ease of use. Even the cables in the back were picture-coded to the plugs in which they belonged As far as the software, I could poke slightly in any folder on the hard drive, double-click on anything, and the computer told me what that item was used for. If it was something I shouldnt be messing with, a dialogue misfortune would appear stating, This extension is used by the system and cannot be unaffixeded. When I wanted to delete something I threw it in the trashcan. How logical And wow, I could open several documents at once, move the windows around, and a word processing document actually looked on screen exactly like it would print. The Mac seemed l ogical, sheer and simply, and it seemed interesting. I knew at that moment when the time came for me to buy a property computer, I would buy a Macintosh. It would be something I could operate, maintain, and upgrade myself. No need to call the geeky, scary, and expensive PC technician to come fix my computer. I could install new software, attach new peripherals, and even upgrade the storehouse all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment